Saliva Testing 101
What is Saliva Testing?
|Educate Yourself - Information is the key to your power.|
It's Not All In Your Head... A Hormone Imbalance May Be The Source Of Your Symptoms!
In the DVD Let's Talk About Hormones with Jackie Harvey, we were privileged to have Dr. David Zava, breast cancer researcher and author, appear and share a brief overview of his insights on progesterone and to explain why women need to have their hormones tested for imbalances.
Dr. John Lee, M.D. the leading expert on women's issues highly recommends this DVD and the information it provides.
In the past 30 years a number of research studies have validated saliva as a diagnostic medium to measure the free or "unbound" biologically active fraction of steroid hormones (estrogen, progesterone), etc. in the bloodstream. The World Health Organization has designated saliva testing as an accurate method for testing hormones. It is more precise and much more reliable than taking a blood test.
Why Saliva Test?
* Saliva is stable without refrigeration.
* Saliva Testing is easy and can be done with timing in mind. Hormones are highest in the morning and at certain times in our cycle. It is appropriate to test when we think the hormones should be high. If they are not then we know we have a hormone imbalance.
* Saliva contains unbound or active hormones. It is the unbound hormone that is available to the hormone receptors. So knowing how much is available becomes important.
* To know which direction you should go with a restoration program.
* Remember a hormone imbalance is not all in your head. It is revealed by a Saliva Test.
What will a Saliva Test tell me?
* A Saliva Test can help to identify "Estrogen Dominance" with the associated low progesterone which may be the cause of your symptoms.
* A Saliva Test can reveal a hormone imbalance which results when progesterone levels fall and estrogen levels either stay the same or rise. In other words a hormone imbalance is due to inappropriate fluctuations in our hormone levels.
This fluctuation of hormones can produce minor or major health consequences. Annoying symptoms such as hot flashes and night sweats or mood swings are seen in both men and women who have hormone imbalances. In women Breast Cancer, Ovarian Cancer and Cervical Cancer are more serious results from a hormone imbalance. Hormone imbalances in men are resulting in Prostate Cancer. Whether your symptoms are annoying or you are a breast cancer survivor balancing your hormones is important.
Which Test Kit Should I Take?
Order your test kit with a DVD. Anyone who orders a DVD with their test kit will automatically be contacted by one of our consultants who will provide a FREE REVIEW of your test results.
* Women who are breast cancer survivors test hormone levels with a 5 panel test. Using this test Dr. Zava has put a profile together which reveals the hormone levels of those with breast cancer.
* Women with concerns about osteoporosis test with a 3 panel test.
* Young women in their teens, 20's and 30's test to determine regular ovulation and progesterone output and to determine osteoporosis risk. Test with a 2, 3 or 5 panel test.
* Stress can contribute to hormonal imbalance. Men and women should both use a 5 panel test if stress is an issue.
* Perimenopausal and menopausal women test before restoring hormone levels 2, 3 or 5 panel test.
* Before beginning a hormone-balancing program, know your correct hormone levels.
* Men with testosterone or prostate concerns should test with a 3 or 5 panel test.
How do I receive the test kit?
|What are the benefits of In-Home Saliva Testing?|
1. Its Easy - No Needles.
2. It's Painless, Non-Invasive, Simple and Convenient.
3. Your Saliva is tested using the most up to date methods.
4. Testing is conducted using Enzyme Immune Assay (EIA)
5. This sensitive testing insures very accurate results.
The specimen in-home collection kit is sent by U.S. Mail to your home. Your test kit contains a small brochure that will provide general information. Included is a pre-paid return mailer box, four sample tubes, directions, guideline questionnaire, and instructions for collection.
Where do I send the completed Saliva Test?
Simply return the pre-addressed, prepaid mailer box to the Lab.
How do I get the test results?
Results are emailed directly back to you with a detailed explanation of the results and their meaning. You should receive your test results within 7-10 working days.
What Is the Next Step after doing the saliva test?
No one gets better just educating themselves and testing. It is only as they begin a program to support the body in hormone production that hormone health resumes.
Our Consultant Team at Help For Hormones are able to assist in reviewing the saliva test results with you on the telephone and then giving directions as to the Next Step.
Resolution Of Hormone Imbalances Will Always Require 5 Things:
1. An Optimal Nutrition Program
2. A wise Supplemental Program
3. A Gentle Exercise Program daily
4. Bio Identical Hormones when revealed by the saliva test
5. Annual Saliva Testing to observe and maintain adequate hormone levels for life
Now Is The Time To Take Control... Hormone Balance Is Essential For All Women!
With the information you'll receive from your Personalized In-Home Saliva Test, you'll know whether or not your hormones are in balance. Our In-Home Saliva Test allows you to monitor your own health in the privacy of your own home, without paying for doctor's visits or expensive laboratory fees. Testing is safe and easy to do.
If your results show that your hormone levels are not in balance, you can then work with your personal health care provider or one of our consultants to develop a safe and proactive plan for balancing your hormones.
Your Hormone Health is Important. Begin Today!
* Take Our Male Or Female Hormone Quiz
* Read These Books For More Information
*Order a Saliva Test Kit if indicated by the quiz
* Order Our DVD to assist you in your journey toward knowledge about hormone health
* Contact One of Our Trained Consultants to set up a review of your test results.